Monday 23 November 2009

Curriculum Vitae

Victoria Pugh

Personal Profile
I am a lively and motivated fashion student currently in my second year of study at the University of Leeds. I am thoroughly enjoying the course which gives me exciting opportunities and has an academic focus on which I thrive. I am excited by the creative world and am eager to utilise this passion to tackle the commercial and creative challenges within the fashion industry. I am self-motivated and apply myself to tasks with enthusiasm and hard work. I work well alone, as is shown by my exam success, but also value the diversity of working with a team towards a common goal and have achieved success working to briefs with fellow-students. I have a passion for literature which was fuelled by my studies at A Level, and I also love to travel. Most recently I visited the captivating city of Istanbul; I was fascinated by the rich cultural heritage of the ancient city bridging the gap between East and West.

Education and Qualifications

University of Leeds: September 2008 – Present

· BA Fashion Design
- Year 1: Design & Development, Garment Technology, History and Theory of Art and Design, Fundamentals of Imaging, Patterns & Culture, Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Art and Literature in Renaissance and Medieval Italy.
- Year 2 (to date): Design Development & Portfolio, Garment Technology 2, Digital Design, Design Theory, 20th Century Fashion.

Wilmslow High School: September 2001 – June 2008

· June 2008 - A2 Levels:
Biology (A), Product Design: Textiles (A), English Lit (B)
· June 2007 – AS Levels:
Critical Thinking (B), Psychology (B)

· June 2006 – GCSEs:
Science Double Award (A*A*), German (A*), Maths (A*), Textile Technology (A*), English Lang. (A), English Lit. (A), History (A), Art Graphics (B)

Key Skills

· Confident with CAD software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Lectra Kaledo Style and Print.
· Strong practical experience in pattern cutting and garment construction using industrial machinery.
· Confident approach and keen understanding of trend research and analysis.
· A commercial perspective on the industry gained through regular research on industry websites and critical review of relevant magazines.
· Ability to present to a high standard both verbally and visually.
· Clear understanding of the contexts of design.
· Conscientious worker with a positive approach to problem solving.
· Keen to work within a team to achieve the best results.

Work Experience

· Oct 2006 -Jul 2007
Customer Assistant, Sainsbury’s plc, Wilmslow

Volunteer Work

· Sept 2006 – June 2008
Networking /Peer Mentoring, Wilmslow High School

· July 2007 – November 2007
Organiser for Charity Fashion Show in aid of Cancer Research


No comments:

Post a Comment